Saturday, November 6, 2010

Birthday Poems for Daddy

Andrew turned 40 recently, and I had my kids do a framework poem that I had done at school. They did such a great job, that I thought I'd post them here.

Turning 40 is purple
It sounds like the splash of a giant cannonball
It smells like cheese
It tastes like pizza flavoured ice cream
It looks like fun
Turning 40 feels like winning the baseball championship game
It is fantastibobia!

Love, Matthew


Turning 40 is green
It sounds like…Honking horns
It tastes like…Corn dogs
It looks like…Blurs zooming past you [us] J
It is…One of your greatest achievements in your life!

Love
Johnathan or Johnny or John or J!


Turning 40 is red
It sounds like partying
It smells like lemon meringue pie
It tastes like birthday cake
It looks like balloons and streamers
Turning 40 feels like you are the king of the world
It is exciting!

Love, Eric


Turning 40 is red
It sounds like VeggieTale music
I smells like your clean skin
I tastes like watermelon
It looks like Elmo
Turning 40 feels like hugging you
It is awesome!

Love, Mitch


Happy birthday, Daddy!!

2 comments:

  1. Those were so great. My favorite line on Thursday night was from Johnny's:
    It looks like…Blurs zooming past you [us] J

    Naw Johnny... that's not 40, it's just your eyesight AFTER 40... everything blurs! hee hee

    I love your boys. Thanks for sharing them with us ;-) We love you guys more than words can say!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading them especially because I recently turned the big
    4-0 too. Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Who Is In Your Mom Tribe?

Last weekend I participated in one of the many mom-rituals that happen this time of year - I dropped off my boys to summer camp. For a litt...