Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Busy Day

Today was a very busy day - good and full, but now I am looking forward to bed!

It started out with a fire drill at school. I was volunteering with the Attendance Check and there was a fire drill so I had to high tail it outside until given the all-clear. This was exciting for Gator who was with me, but it did make us late for his preschool class. After class we spent some time talking and playing with our friends, then went to the park for a quick picnic lunch. Next was a stop at Dollarama to search for cheaper VBS craft options...not much there. I think I lost the lottery when I ended up with the craft portion of VBS this summer! It is always so much prep work and planning. And apparently there is a need to get some of it purchased before the next budget cycle, so the push is on! One cool thing though...I discovered that the dollar store sells Bibles! Cool, eh? Especially since I thought that a Muslim family owned and ran that store. I was impressed anyway!

After our dollar store venture we stopped at MasterMind Toys to get some ideas for some upcoming birthday parties that my boys are going to. What a great store! I could spend a gazzillion dollars there (if that were an option!) every time I go. I did end up buying some stuff, which I still have to own up to!! All educational of course...at least that is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Next was WalMart...and apparently an earthquake that I missed while in there! I'm so disappointed. I knew I should've headed straight home instead of going there. Wierd that an earthquake hits Toronto just prior to the G20 downtown. What is God up to? Hmmmm...

Once home from that shopping trip, we walked to visit a friend quickly before the bell rang at school. It was a lovely visit, but not long enough! And as it was, we were late for the kids after school. They were well on their way home by the time I caught up to them running home. And it was stinking hot today to run in not-running atire! We all made it though...and landed safely in the air conditioning.

Then a quick dinner of ham, fries, and peas - I know, the meal of champions!! The Big E had a soccer game tonight, so we all took off for the field and prayed that it would not thunderstorm. I have to admit that sometimes I pray that it WOULD thunderstorm - at the first strike of lightning the field is cleared and we can all go home. But not tonight - the skies cleared and it was a lovely night to play soccer.

But now we are home, and all the kids, including My Man are snoring. And I wish that I were too. It was a restless sleep last night, so I am praying for a better one tonight. It is my last day of day care tomorrow, so I really want to make the best of it. I will not be sad to see it end, but I must say that I have enjoyed having the priviledge to be Christ to these kids. And that is my prayer...that they were all able to feel safe, to feel loved, to feel Jesus while they were in my home. As it ends up tomorrow, I pray for this, and as my relationship carries on with these families, I pray for continued opportunities to be Christ to them. They are special, that is for sure.

Much more to share, but I will do that in a later post. Like, how is it possible that each of my children got majorly (according to them, at least!) injured in the last 2 days? Smashed heels on boxes, flying off picnic tables, sliding out of trees....crazy things, I'd say!!

Things are wrapping up though...summer is almost here! I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa... what a busy day! I spent my day with my sister-in-law, Krissy & the triplets :-D YAY!!

    Oh... and I totally missed the earthquake too, although Krissy was on the phone with her sister at the time who was feeling the earthquake, not 5 minutes down the road from where we were. Strange! Hmm!

    Tomorrow I'm making my little grad caps for my Saturday cupcakes. Hope they turn out!! hee hee

    Hope you had a restful sleep. Talk soon. Love ya xoxo

    P.S. I'm SO glad you're blogging now!! This is so fun to share together... oooh ... and I have "news" from Rachel about "THE" wedding - hee hee (nothing too exciting though) Toodles!

    ReplyDelete

Who Is In Your Mom Tribe?

Last weekend I participated in one of the many mom-rituals that happen this time of year - I dropped off my boys to summer camp. For a litt...