Saturday, July 30, 2011

I am a Teacher!

It's weird, amazing, and strange to say that "I am a teacher"!

Wow. What a journey over the past year. Thank you to many who have prayed, supported, cared, cried, nurtured, provided and loved us through it! I truly couldn't have done it without you. I am in awe of your generosity and of God's amazing grace.

Yes, that's what got us through...God's amazing grace.

No other way could I have finished assignments on time, cheered at every hockey game, watched every school concert, clapped at every piano recital, laughed at every birthday party, kissed 4 beautiful boys to sleep every night, loved through every sermon, waded through every piece of homework, and waited for every morning to dawn a new, fresh, God-inspired day.

Even when I cried at every deadline fast approaching, mourned at every forgotten lunch, neglected every inch of house cleaning, floundered to find the patience, and failed to offer the grace that I had freely received, God's grace fully came, was fully felt. When I walked out of the Rexall Centre, diploma in hand, tassel having switched sides of my cap, my vision became blurry, my heart became heavy inside my chest, and I felt like I could have laughed and cried, yelled and twirled, danced and died all at the same time. I was exhausted, overwhelmed, and overjoyed. God's grace IS good...it is always good enough for today, and for tomorrow.

Now, because of God's infinite grace, I am a teacher. And now, by God's grace, I will teach. But never will I forget the journey....I will let it wash over me again and again, like rain falling on parched dry land. I will soak it up and I will let it nourish my thirsty being.

By God's amazing grace, I will remember and I will teach.

1 comment:

  1. Well Mrs. G... I for one am SUPER proud of your accomplishment! You are going to be an amazing teacher to the young charges God places in your path. You've already proven to be an amazing teacher to your fabulous 4 boys who we love SO much!! I'm standing by your side, with pom poms flailing in "school" pride for you & all you've done through God's amazing grace and strength!! Love you my Friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Who Is In Your Mom Tribe?

Last weekend I participated in one of the many mom-rituals that happen this time of year - I dropped off my boys to summer camp. For a litt...